Author Topic: Topless protest against Russian church  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Pentaz

• Global Moderator
Topless protest against Russian church
« on: July 28, 2012, 05:28:38 PM »

A Ukrainian court on Friday handed down a 15-day administrative sentence to a women's rights activist who bared her breasts and threw herself at Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill in Kiev's Borispol Airport.

The sentenced activist, identified as Yana Zhdanova on rights group Femen's LiveJournal page, told the Interfax news agency that the court's decision was made under pressure from local officials.

"The court took this decision under the influence of Ukrainian Security Service workers and prosecutors, who were constantly in attendance during questioning and in the courtroom, threatening me with pressing criminal charges and a prison sentence," Zhdanova said.

The court ruling relates to an incident shortly after the head of the Russian Orthodox Church stepped off a business jet to begin a three-day official visit to Ukraine on Thursday morning.

Zhdanova, who screamed "Go away" and had the words "Kill Kirill" scrawled in black ink on her back, got within a few meters of a startled-looking Kirill and a delegation of clergymen before being restrained by security.

Femen said in a statement on its blog that the stunt was intended to protest Russia harming Ukraine's interests by trying to drag it into a Eurasian union and Kirill encouraging the illegal detention of anti-government activists — a likely reference to the ***** Riot band members awaiting trial in Moscow on charges of hooliganism.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/a...#ixzz21sG9Cqeo

Online Dalibor

• Global Moderator
Re: Topless protest against Russian church
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 05:35:45 PM »
Zhdanova, who screamed "Go away" and had the words "Kill Kirill" scrawled in black ink on her back, got within a few meters of a startled-looking Kirill and a delegation of clergymen before being restrained by security.
Right way of imposing liberal and feminist values. Bolysheviks would be proud of this slut.

Femen said in a statement on its blog that the stunt was intended to protest Russia harming Ukraine's interests by trying to drag it into a Eurasian union and Kirill encouraging the illegal detention of anti-government activists — a likely reference to the ***** Riot band members awaiting trial in Moscow on charges of hooliganism.

Ukrianian interests is support for promiscous sluts in Moscow? (No offense meant to Ukrianian people, this is against Femen retarded sluts)

Offline MrX

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:35:51 PM »
I'm sure some of these women want nothing but the best for their country but I'm really tired of this topless protest shtick. All reporters talk about after is "DURR TOPLESS WOMEN PROTEST IN UKRAINE" and the message always gets second place.

Offline Jaldithas

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
I'm sure some of these women want nothing but the best for their country but I'm really tired of this topless protest shtick. All reporters talk about after is "DURR TOPLESS WOMEN PROTEST IN UKRAINE" and the message always gets second place.

you know, being top-less makes them far more famous and interesting to media, and thats the point

Offline Carniolan

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 06:15:41 PM »
you know, being top-less makes them far more famous and interesting to media, and thats the point

No, it fuels Ukraine's image as that of a cheap sexurlaub destination for rich western pigs. Nothing more.

Online Dalibor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 06:31:58 PM »

FEMEN (Ukrainian: Фемен) is a Ukrainian protest group based in Kiev, founded in 2008. The organisation became internationally known for organizing topless protests against sex tourists, international marriage agencies, sexism and other social, national and international ills.
Fighting against sex tourists by showing nude breasts, correct me if I am wrong but it is like fighting fire with gasoline ;D

Point is it will atract even more sex turists.

Offline MrX

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
No, it fuels Ukraine's image as that of a cheap sexurlaub destination for rich western pigs. Nothing more.

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner.

Offline Scythian

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 06:08:39 AM »
By another words: "General Director of Joint Stock Company "ROC" was attacked by hooker from Ukraine". I hope his psyche and business reputation were not suffered and he can check state income in Ukrainian branch of the corporation. :)

Offline slavicmuse

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 12:12:45 PM »
I cannot stand Femen or ***** Riot. There are ways to go about things without making the rest of the female gender look like pathetic sluts. They give a bad image and reputation to Eastern European women in general. And help fuel the ignorance toward Slavs in general. They are quite pathetic and lazy in my opinion. They bare it all to attract attention because they do not want to do things the proper way which is a bit harder, no matter the government you are protesting.  And anyone who disgraces religious places, no matter of your viewpoint on religion or that specific religion deserves no respect.  If you cannot respect one's faith, whether you agree or not, then you have serious issues.

I hope they all get the punishments they deserve.

Offline BalticBoy

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 05:49:53 PM »
All of these groups such as ***** Riot and Femen are very dangerous. They are the first step towards a liberal society. After them more such demonstrations will follow. Then gradually the public may accept them. Step after step a society becomes more liberal until it collapses. It is the story which took place in the West.

Offline MrX

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »
Can we expect an annual gay pride parade in Kiev in a few years? I really hope not.

Offline BalticBoy

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 07:10:47 PM »
It is possible. They now have them in Vilnius.

Offline Rossana

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 02:51:05 AM »
how... are they even feminist?

Offline Rossana

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 02:56:02 AM »
I cannot stand Femen or ***** Riot. There are ways to go about things without making the rest of the female gender look like pathetic sluts. They give a bad image and reputation to Eastern European women in general. And help fuel the ignorance toward Slavs in general. They are quite pathetic and lazy in my opinion. They bare it all to attract attention because they do not want to do things the proper way which is a bit harder, no matter the government you are protesting.  And anyone who disgraces religious places, no matter of your viewpoint on religion or that specific religion deserves no respect.  If you cannot respect one's faith, whether you agree or not, then you have serious issues.

I hope they all get the punishments they deserve.

I agree about the religious places... and it's even more of an insult and injury to Russia, after religion was surpressed and athiests burning down churches in the past... and harming christians...

Offline Rossana

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 02:56:36 AM »
and just because someone calls themselves an anarchist, or a feminist, does not mean they actually are.